When you wear flip flops that don’t fit you properly, you could be putting yourself at risk of a variety of problems, including plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, knee and back problems, and even circulatory problems in extreme cases. Finding the right fit of flip flops is not as easy as many people assume, and it is not uncommon to buy the wrong size even when you are aware of your regular shoe size.
To get the proper fit, you have to have your flip flops put on for you strategically. You have to know that the best fit is not necessarily the most comfortable feeling once you get them on. Flip flops are supposed to be worn loose enough so they are easy to take off and put on. It is always best to buy your flip flops in person, even if you can find them online somewhere. Try them on. It shouldn’t be painful to walk around, bend your toes, or do anything else within reason. If it hurts to try them on, or you can feel pressure points or blisters forming, they are the wrong size.
What determines the right fit of your flip flops?
You can pick up a pair of flip flops for a cheap price, and if you are lucky you may even come across a pair at your local thrift shop for free. But does this mean that the cheaper the better? Well, here we'll take a look at areas to check out when buying flip flops.
In regards to picking up a pair for less amount, the one thing you need to notice is being careful about signs of wear and tear. But don't rule flip flops out just yet! The majority of flip flops that can be bought at a very inexpensive price are still in perfectly good shape and have a great deal of wear left in them. When buying your next pair of flip flops, try to check out the following factors:
- The flip flop’s sole shouldn’t hurt your feet when you wear them on. It should provide comfort when you wear it. There are some flip flops with soles made from metal, wood, leather, plastic, rubber, etc. Buying flip flops with soles made from these materials can be uncomfortable for your feet.
- There is an important consideration when selecting a flip flop. It should have a footbed with a cushion. The cushion will give your feet the comfort and the arch support that they need. Think about getting a flip flop that has a footbed that is moulded from memory foam. This is one of the most comfortable ones to wear. Not only it promotes comfort, but this kind of footbed can help you with maintaining your posture especially when you’re on your feet all day long.
- When picking out flip flops, look for a toe-bed made of leather. Leather is more comfortable than other materials because it absorbs sweat and distributes the pressure you put on your feet when walking over the shoe. You should also make sure that the top strap encircles your foot properly while still feeling loose enough to not restrict circulation. Bend the shoe slightly while wearing it to make sure you can flex your toes freely.
- Be sure to try on flip flops before you buy them. Flip flops do not always fit the same way and while one pair may feel comfortable while you stand, try walking in your potential purchase. This will ensure the proper length and width of the flip flop for comfort and support.
- A good pair of flip flops will last you a long time. They are comfortable on your feet, and if chosen correctly, they will also give you great support. Flip flops are not just for lounging around on vacation. They are an everyday shoe that can be worn with shorts, skirts, dresses, jeans, pants, or anything else you desire.
- The first crucial step towards choosing the best flip flop is to make sure that you purchase a top-notch pair of footwear. Make sure that you choose a pair, which provides the total and ideal support and comfort for all your feet and to make you feel like wearing them out and about.
What if you have a wide foot?
We understand that some people have very wide feet and that is not a problem at all. Our flip flops are designed with a very long toe thong. This moves the placement of the strap past what we call the Toe Box and moves the straps further up on the foot towards the ankle. This means the straps are not fitting around what is typically the widest part of the foot. If you have a very wide foot you will most likely find that you love the way our flip flops fit you and they will be very nice and snug with little to no flop. Another idea for super wide feet is to order 2 sizes larger than your normal size. You can then put some thin socks on with the flip flop and that will help fill out the space in the middle of the shoe.
What if you have a really narrow foot?
The problem is that as humans, we tend to love the familiar. When we wear flip flops, particularly after a long day at school, work or any other activity, our feet deserve comfort and rest. However, many flip flops aren't made with the intention of fitting a specific foot snugly, which results in a lot of unwanted movement. Keeping comfort in mind, we have carefully made the flip flops as comfortable and aesthetically pleasing as possible. The right kind of flip flop should make your feet feel like walking on the clouds. There are other things to keep in mind, though. Flip-flops should fit your feet well. The foot should fit perfectly in the shoe, not too loose or too tight. It is especially important to note that there should be no space between your toes and the strap. Also, if you wear flip flops during the winter months, make sure to put on a pair of socks to avoid getting a cold which can develop into a sore or something worse.
Be careful that when you wiggle your toes, they don’t get caught in the strap of your toes. Though the materials used to make flip flops remain the same, there is a great deal of variance in quality. Compare for instance the plastic resin used in cheap flip-flops with high-quality rubber used in well-known brands. You will find out that apart from being more comfortable, the best ones have a much longer life. However, you need to shop around to find high-quality products just as with any other major purchase. The lightweight construction makes these flip flops easy to carry and you can easily walk with them. The soft rubber sole on top gives your feet extra comfort.
The right fit of flip flops can make a big difference in how comfortable your feet are. It is important to keep the following points in mind while determining what flip flops are right for you;
- When you are wearing flip flops, choose ones that have a bit of wiggle room.
- If you want your flip flops to last, they should stay put as you move around.
- The straps should be comfortable on your feet.
- When you find flip flops that are comfortable, buy several pairs that fit well. Don’t choose flip flops that are too small for your feet even if they are trendy.
- If you are going to buy some flip flops, make sure they are made of good quality as it reduces the potential of getting blisters.
- Choose a flip flop that bends at the ball of your foot. Gently bend it from end to end.
The most important factor in determining if flip-flops fit is if there is space around your entire foot while wearing them. No part of your foot should hang over the edge of the sandal, and the strap should be comfortable and not digging into your foot. With this information, you can now easily pick out the best-fitting flip-flops and start planning your next warm-weather getaway!